- Ella wakes up in the hospital with no memory of her pregnancy or the car accident that caused her to lose her baby. How would you react in a similar situation? Did you suspect then that Damien knew more than he alluded to?
- Damien is withdrawn and reluctant to talk with Ella about Simon in the weeks following Simon’s stillbirth. If you were in Ella’s position, would you have pressed Damien to talk or allowed him to heal in his own time?
- What did you think of Ella’s choice to meet with Nathan when he reoffered the exclusive to Luxe Avenue?
- Were you surprised to learn about Simon’s parentage? What about Damien’s reason for not wanting kids?
- Did Damien’s plan to lure Ella back into Nathan’s arms surprise you? What about Damien and Ella’s plan from the previous summer? Did it surprise you that she’s complicit? Did it change your opinion of Ella or Damien?
- What do you think happens after Ella reads the attachment to Dr. Whitely’s email?
- Damien was desperate to keep his wife happy so that she wouldn’t leave him, so desperate that he came up with a plan for her to get pregnant. Ella was so desperate to have a child that she agreed to go along with Damien’s plan. Have you ever been so desperate to have something that you’ve lied or cheated to get it? How far would you go to get what you want? Would you do it again?
- Many themes are addressed in this book: love, lies, deceit, honesty, and trust. Which themes resonated the most with you? What other themes did you find in the story?
- If you could erase someone from your memory, would you? Who would it be and why? What about a specific event? How do you think that would affect your other memories?